Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Uberis Tank

I thought I'd put up a photo of the tank I've got the uberis in. It was kind of thrown together with plants I already had and there wasn't a lot of thought that went into the aquascape. I just wanted to give the fish some cover and a few spots to hide. I'm not fan of the terracotta hideout but thought it might be useful for bubblenesting. The pH is about 7 and water quality is good, changing about 50% of the water a week. I'm adding ketapang extract to darken and soften the water, plus it's apparent ability to enhance fish colour and immunity was a bonus.

Equipment:
45 x 30 x 26cm tank
Up Aqua Underwater Filter containing Seachem Matrix
Schego Optimal Air Pump
Sera 25W Heater
Tom 11W Compact Fluorescent Perch Light

Plants:
Several types of Echinodorus
Anubias nana and nana "petite"
Anubias bateri "Coffeefolia"
Water Sprite
Frogbit
Hygrophila angustifolia
Cryptocoryne balansae
Narrow leaf Java Fern
Najas marina

No comments:

Post a Comment